Modern jazz / freestyle
Introduction to modern jazz / freestyle classes
Syllabus and exams
Our Modern jazz/street classes incorporate a variety of styles in one class including modern jazz, street dance, contemporary, rock and roll and solo latin to name but a few. We use a combination of music from the most current tracks to stimulate our dancers to more traditional music depending on style.
Our classes are vibrant, energetic, technical and age appropriate. We encourage our students to develop their own dancing style and character whilst learning technique, developing confidence and increasing fitness and stamina all whilst having fun with their friends.
Our adult classes are also energetic, mixing styles and music from current charts to musical theatre numbers and are suitable for everyone from complete novices to those who have always danced.
Our students follow the IDTA syllabus and enter for solo exams, teams, rock and roll and street dance awards.
Adult modern jazz / freestyle classes
- Tuesday afternoon, Hazelwood Studio (general to advanced ability)
- Wednesday evening, Hazelwood Studio (general ability)
Children's modern jazz / freestyle classes
- Tuesday early evening, Sundridge (general to advanced ability for teenagers)
- Saturday all day, Sundridge (grouped by age)
- Saturday all day, Hazelwood Studio (grouped by age)