Introduction to tap classes
Syllabus and exams
Tap is an exciting way of developing rhythm, whilst exploring different musical styles from current pop, swing, Latin rhythms and more traditional tap music. Tap is great for general coordination, fitness and memory.
Our classes begin at school age, developing basic technique in a fun, imaginative, noisy way, progressing through the years developing technique, rhythm, timing and style.
You are never too old to start tapping and whether you are a beginner or wanting to return to tap, our classes are fun, use various musical influences and are a great way to increase fitness and socialise.
We follow the IDTA syllabus and enter for grade exams along with teams, rosettes and also Riverdance exams
Adult tap classes
- Tuesday afternoon, Hazelwood Studio (general to advanced ability)
- Tuesday early evening, Sundridge (beginners)
- Wednesday evening, Oxted (general ability)
Children's tap classes
- Tuesday early evening, Sundridge (general to advanced ability for teenagers)
- Saturday all day, Sundridge (grouped by age)
- Sunday all day, Hazelwood Studio (grouped by age)